Monday, April 13, 2009

Top Chef Masters

In case you haven't heard, Top Chef is mixing things up a little bit to follow up on what I found to be a pretty disappointing sixth season. Looks like this next season is going to feature already established chefs (many of whom have appeared in previous seasons as guest judges) competing for the title of Master Top Chef. My first reaction is to be pretty skeptical- usually when "celebrities" compete in reality shows (see: "The Apprentice", "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here", etc) they don't really try that hard. I guess it will depend on what Bravo's offering the winner. A lot of these guys are probably egomaniacs, so that will help, but I think Bravo's going to have to do a little better than 10,000 bucks to the winner's favorite charity.

Update: To everyone's relief, Ted Allen will not be a judge. I guess he was too busy being a waste of space on literally every other food/fashion/design show on television
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_4cYcXYGMb24/RqUtmGEH-bI/AAAAAAAACVo/J-7zeSIxoaw/s400/ted.jpg

1 comment:

  1. I think Food Detectives really paints a clear picture as to where Ted Allen is these days. God, that show is awful! In a way Ted Allen (and while I'm here, I'll throw Alton Brown into the same boat) is like the Ryan Seacrest of "food" related shows. He's spread too thin and thinks he's a bit more humorous and entertaining than he actually is.

    Shame on Top Chef for giving in to their high ratings and undermining the originality of the show. I'm sorry but unless Wiley Dufresne and Donatella Arpaia are going to be caught on camera while they enagage in full-on spooning sessions (aka: Hosea and Leah), then ehhh....I'm really not interested. While I'm on the subject, has anyone seen Padma recently? If not, check this out: http://nymag.com/daily/food/2009/04/nude_news_padma_lakshmi_and_fa.html

    ReplyDelete