Sunday, April 26, 2009

American Idol update

Not sure if other people are watching, but Idol has been pretty entertaining this year (provided you can DVR it and fast forward through some of the cheesy commentary and guest singers).
My thoughts on the final 5:
  • Kris Allen and Matt Giraud are my favorites. Generally seem like good guys who I think have a decent shot at having a music career ahead of them.
  • I don't think Giraud actually has a shot at winning, especially with several other more popular guys in the field. I do think, however, that he picked up some fans following the episode when the judges used the "save" to keep him around.
  • Alison, the only girl still around, is pretty talented I guess but doesn't do it for me at all. She's pretty annoying. I thought she'd have a decent following among the powerful pre-teen girl voting block, but she always seems to be in the bottom 3.
  • Matt and Alison are probably the next to go
  • Adam Lambert is definitely the most talented, but I have a tough time getting behind him. Maybe it's the eye makeup.

No comments:

Post a Comment