Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Contenders for the Duel: Males


These are the guys that have a shot to win this thing:

Isaac: Not actually a contender; actually just forgot to put him in the previous post. Not only is he not that strong an athlete, but he also doesn't have the alliances to keep him out of the duel early on. I really liked him in RW Sydney. Never shy to wear a costume, Isaac wore blackface and overalls at a party on the first night. Odds of winning: 18:1

CT: I love CT and always have. When I heard he was going to be on this challenge I was very excited and had he not just gotten kicked off (again), he probably would have been the favorite

Brad: Really good guy. It was announced in the first episode that he and Tori are engaged, which is a pretty impressive pull. Brad is definitely a force and has a lot of heart. That being said, I don't think he would beat Mark or even Evan in a all-out wrestling-type duel. Also, he doesn't do that great in puzzle games because, as Paula once said, "he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer." Odds of winning: 5:1

Derek: I like this guy. I respect the fact that he took a leadership role in the Gauntlet 2, so presumably he'll be pretty comfortable coming into his second challenge. I think he was a Marine too, which can't hurt. Odds of winning: 10:1

Dunbar: Terrible. Hated him in RW Sydney and he was even worse in the most recent challenge. Was very happy when he got fucked over and finished out of the money. I think he's probably in the same category as Brad in terms of athletic ability, or maybe just a hair below. The big difference between the two is that Brad is well-liked and probably won't find himself in nearly as many duels as will Dunbar. Odds of winning: 10:1

Evan: I think this may be his challenge to win. He's definitely got the relationships and alliances to go far, which is pretty impressive considering he was never even on a RW or RR. Could be the guy to beat. Odds of winning: 4:1

Landon: I've always found him to be kind of a loser. I never got that whole superhero persona he took on in RW-Philly. Somehow he got into an alliance early on with Evan and Brad, so he'll probably be able to stick around for awhile. Odds of winning: 12:1

MJ: Probably pretty similar to Dunbar in terms of overall athleticism. I know it sounds stupid, but I don't think he has the passion to win of say, a Mark or Evan. You need to be a little crazy to go really far in this game. I don't see him beating Mark, Evan, Brad, or even Dunbar in a tough duel. Odds of winning: 10:1

Mark: Big guy. Also 40. Said he was going to retire from challenges a few years ago but here he is. He has that crazy quality I was referring to before. He's very well respected among the cast members- something of an elder statesman- which should keep him out of the duel very late in the game. Will be interesting to see if he rekindles things with Robyn. Odds of winning: 4:1

http://www.poptower.com/images/db/7135/420/300/evan-starkman.jpg Mark Long - real world road rules fox reality

No comments:

Post a Comment