Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Spinoff city


So in case you haven't noticed, VH1 has had about 30 different shows that are pretty much exactly the same only with different characters (or, in some case, the exact same shows with the exact same characters). When they put out Surreal Life: Season 3 way back in 2003, I don't think they had any idea what a gold mine it would be for them. It produced: Strange Love, Flavor of Love, Flavor of Love 2, Flavor of Love 3, I Love New York, I Love New York 2, New York Goes to Hollywood, New York Goes to Work, Flavor of Love Charm School, Real Chance at Love, I Love Money, I Love Money 2, and probably a few more that I can't think of right now because they're even worse than the above mentioned.

Anyway, Brett Michaels' Rock Of Love has done pretty well in its own right, and due out this week is yet another spinoff: Daisy of Love, featuring arguably the craziest one yet, Rock of Love 2 runnerup Daisy de la Hoya. It really doesn't seem any worse or better than I Love New York or any other VH1 dating show, but I dont know how many more of these things I actually care to watch. I'll check it out and report back.

No comments:

Post a Comment